Unfortunately, Estate Planning is not something many Australians spend a lot of time thinking about. This is a common mistake which can lead to all sorts of negative consequences down the line, especially for the intended beneficiaries.
Whether your affairs are straightforward or complicated, we encourage all clients to get on the front foot with their Estate Planning. Our experts can help you develop practical, comprehensive Estate Plans to:
- Allow the most efficient and secure passing of your assets to your intended beneficiaries, with minimised potential for legal dispute from third parties;
- Legally reduce or fully eliminate tax payable by beneficiaries on annual income generated from their inherited assets;
- Legally reduce or eliminate potentially significant capital gains payable by beneficiaries on assets distributed to them and subsequently being sold;
- Legally minimise or eliminate death benefits tax (which can be as high as 31.5%) when distributing your superannuation benefits to intended beneficiaries;
- Protect your intended beneficiaries’ inheritance in the event of bankruptcy, divorce and/or other family relationship breakdown or unwanted change;
- Guard against undue waste and dissipation due to spendthrift tendencies, age, mental health, drug addictions, gambling or other vulnerabilities of a beneficiary.
We can also draft all the necessary legal Estate Planning documentation including:
- Power of Attorney
- Binding Death Nominations
- Testamentary Trusts
- Bloodline & Legacy Trusts
To learn more about how we can help with all your Estate Planning needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Client Services team on (03) 8547 3000